I am in awe and so grateful every time Bunny hits a milestone. There are days when I wonder what the heck am I doing and if I have totally traumatized her and then there are days when I am so grateful for everything and she is doing fabulously.
At fourteen months I am surprised by her learning everyday.
- When she sees letters, she starts sounding them out like she can read them. She is very interested in wanting to read and Brian and I have not forced her into this. She actively points at letters and makes sounds!
- She knows the letter A.
- She is already a fashionista. She will go and pick out clothes, dresses, and shoes. She then asks us to help put them on her.
- Bunny’s hair is long enough to put into a ponytail, or pigtails. I love that she never lost hair, and I wish I had done this sooner.
- She primarily speaks in Cantonese to us. The only English word she says is “cheese” and even that’s debatable since in Cantonese it is pronounced “CHEE-C”.
- She loves to walk and does not want to hold hands or fingers!
- I love that she will come over and put her head against me, give me a hug, and kiss with a big “MWAH” sound.
- She gives our cat Boots the most kisses.
- She does not really like waving at people/strangers, but when she sees a car drive by on our walks she will blow kisses to the car.
- SHE IS ALREADY ROLLING HER EYES AT US! The first time she did it, I thought it was a fluke. The second, third, fourth and so on times have been when we are eating and when she is behaving poorly we will correct her behavior with words. She then rolls her eyes in response. SERIOUSLY! I wish I were kidding. I thought I had at least 12 years before that started happening.
- When she is done eating she flings her food on the floor.
- She says MaMa, DaDa, cat, big brother (her cousin), milk, hold me, light, flower, Grandma, cheese, pig, horse, shoe, no, fish.
- Yesterday my mom told me she says uncle.
- She makes the animal sounds of dog, frog, duck, cat, lion, tiger, elephant, horse, bird, rabbit, butterfly, monkey, bear, and owl.
- She prefers to eat fruits and veggies over meat. She likes eating red peppers!
- When she eats something really yummy, she will make a “mmmm” sound, or if something is really interesting she says, “oooh!”
- She is an expert stair climber.
- She cannot stand having a dirty diaper.
- Bunny’s tantrums are scary. She will yell and scream and say, “NONONONONONONO!” as the waterworks come on.
- She must have her Winnie-the-Pooh doll to sleep.
- When she is ready to go to sleep, she will point at her crib.
I love her. I wish I could hit the pause button.