I have semi-jokingly said that our new house is seemingly sucking the soul out of me. I know, dramatic, but it seems especially true today.
Our oven decided to quit working on Friday night. Yes. The week of Thanksgiving and our oven completely busted. (It’s a separate unit from our stove.)
I want to have good humor about this, but so far things that have gone wrong with our house:
- Air conditioning vents not working in our closet and Bunny’s bedroom
- Pool valve and filter break and the guy who was supposed to fix it never came back, which led to lots of phone calls which led to…
- Pool turned green for a month and a half and we are just now getting it back in order
- Garbage disposal didn’t work
- Water softener company took four visits to finally install everything only to….
- …Cut our internet cable when digging the hole (which we got charged for)
- Our painter never came back to finish the job (front door, laundry room cabinet, oh and install molding along our office and bathroom floor)
- Mailbox key issues with USPS
- At least five contractors who just decided to NOT SHOW UP. For different things. I don’t know why they don’t want our money.
There are probably a few more things I could add to the list, but you get the idea.
I know, first world problems. I am trying to keep it in perspective, but I really want to bake a turkey and have a traditional meal with my family for the holiday. Especially since we are so far away from family this year.
Thanks for letting me vent.
(I am thankful we have a home warranty because a lot of the costs have been covered for the issues.)