I’ve been working on lots of projects and stuff these last few weeks. One of the big projects we tackled a couple of weeks ago was putting down 35(!) bags of mulch and tackling the flower beds. Here is the house when we first made an offer:
Excuse the dreary gray photos, since it was an overcast day when I took the “after” shots! We painted the front door Riverway by Sherwin Williams. Actually, the painters we hired started it, but then they never came back, so I finished painting the door. We pulled up all the bulbs and removed overgrown shrubs.
If you look closely, you can see a cowboy planter! I discovered him when we trimmed down the hedges. I still need to get a plant to put in there. He is hilarious.
And since Brian and I are lazy gardeners, we got perennials that will hopefully creep and spread around the ground so we won’t have to do (much) weeding.
The former homeowners put four patio chairs behind the property fence. I have no clue why. We rescued them and put two in the front of the house, and the other two in the back patio. They still need cushions, but since we’re in the middle of pollen-season, it can wait. I keep searching for something that will cost less than $50 per chair, so maybe it will be an end of summer sale to wait on.
We’re looking into either power-washing the roof ourselves or hiring someone to do it. Oh, and maybe we will tackle the outside light fixture too. We will need to fix our lamppost to get it to work (the sensor is not working).
Yay, more projects! 😉