After I gave birth to Nagini, a couple of our friends brought over a full dinner for us. I can’t remember what they brought for the meal, but she included what she called “energy balls” for dessert.
I remembered them last week after browsing Pinterest. I immediately began making them and got Bunny to help. It’s become our new family favorite and it’s so simple. And depending on your ingredients, it’s a much healthier alternative to other desserts.
Unfortunately the recipe that I had pinned became a broken link, so after doing a mix of a few combinations, I think we’ve found our own family recipe.
This is an extremely forgiving recipe. I think once you have the oats down and the amount of nut butter in, you can mix whatever you want into it. You can use peanut butter chips in place of the chocolate, or do a combination of both. Cranberries would also be delicious instead of raisins. There are so many variations, I love this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond butter, or preferred nut butter
- 2¼ cup oats
- ¾ cup chopped almonds, or preferred nut
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixer or by hand.
- Roll into balls (about the size of 2 tbsp).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating