This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
This is by no means a comprehensive list of what you will need to start a baby album. It’s also not required that you get every single item. I would say this post is a good starting point to consider your options, and see what works best for you.
- A 12×12 album in your color-choice. There are many other sizes, but I think if you’re going to make an album for baby, you need to go big!
- Pens: Use your favorite. I usually use a Sharpie Pen, but right now I’m using Microns.
- A neutral pack of Cardstock to write, type, or embellish.
- Embellishments (check out your local craft store, or a hobby store for lots of options). Think stickers, washi tape, stamps, letter stickers, patterned paper, etc.
- Becky Higgins Big Envelope Pages: I love these envelopes because they are great for storing stuff until you’re ready to work on the pages, but they also hold memorabilia too. This is great to use to put into an album, or if you’re going digital, then to put it into a memory box with a note.
- If you’re going to pocket pages route, get a large pack of Photo Pocket Pages.
- And don’t forget to get a Core Kit – Baby Edition for Him, or mix and match from other companies like Simple Stories (they have a whole line of baby with lots of cute embellishments too!)
- For the traditional scrapbook, get a large pack of 12×12 Page Protectors
- I like using a Corner Punch for the cards and photos. This is completely up to you on whether you want to round your edges or not.
- Since I have a photography background, I must mention using Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 for digital scrapbooking
- I edit most of my photos with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
- Digital embellishments (Digital Project Life, Snap Click Supply Co., and other online digital scrapbooking communities)
- Camera (film, digital, phone, whatever you use) with photographs (digital or prints)
Pick and choose what works best for you. Don’t get caught up in all the supplies, and remember that you want a finished album, not stacks of pretty stuff everywhere!
(This post is from my 31 days to a baby album series. For more information, head over here.)