Sometimes I get really sentimental and want to hold on to everything. Other times, I get flooded with the feeling that there is just too much stuff and then I go on a massive decluttering session.
I struggle a lot with my children’s stuff. Yes, everything they touch is precious, but if I don’t take the time to select some things to keep while getting rid of the rest, none of it will be special and it’ll all be clutter because it’s too much. They already have a well-documented childhood…waaaaaay more photos in a year than I have in total of my own!
This is what I’ve decided to keep in their baby books/memorabilia box:
- Bunny’s first pair of shoes that she picked out herself
- A couple of clothing items my mom crocheted
- Coming home from the hospital outfits
- Bangles that Nagini wore until recently
- Paper decorations that we made from Bunny’s 1st birthday
Other things I will probably add later on:
- A small lock of hair when they get their first haircuts
- Their favorite outfits that they always want to wear
- A couple of clothing items that I’ve made
- Special Christmas ornaments
- Their lovey/stuffed animal (Yea, that’s not happening for a while, if ever!)
I don’t want to have a huge box of stuff, but I will definitely reserve the space to keep a couple of special boxes. We’ll see how it goes….
What are you keeping for your kids?
(This post is from my 31 days to a baby album series. For more information, head over here.)