I’ve tried a variety of approaches to cleaning the house like setting up calendars or following Flylady, but I found for my personality type is to incorporate a little bit of everything. Ha, of course, right?
It’s easier for me to break down daily, weekly, and sometimes tasks. What I’ve done in my home is to use my trusty dry erase board to keep track of my weekly tasks. I have written down the days of the week, with a designated a chore for that day.
Keep in mind this is just a guideline for me. I don’t usually get to dust every Tuesday, but it does get done sometime during the week!
Let’s start with my daily tasks, which include:
- running the dishwasher
- load of laundry (and then here is an older post about my then-laundry routine. I’ll have to create a new one soon!)
- wiping down counters/empty sink
- making the beds
- pick-up clutter/toys/stuff
Right now, my weekly tasks are inspired by I’m following along with cleanmama.net, with a few minor adjustments for my house:
- Mondays: bathrooms
- Tuesdays: dusting
- Wednesdays: vacuuming/sweeping the floors
- Thursdays: mopping
- Fridays: sheets/towels (unless I’ve already done them earlier in the week)
Then there are the sometimes tasks which are a bit random and I work on them as I remember them! These are:
- purging/shredding documents
- washing the windows
- cleaning the garage
- cleaning out the cars
- dusting/cleaning the top of the kitchen cabinets
Do you have a cleaning schedule or follow a particular routine? I feel like as long as I have my daily tasks done, and then stay mostly on track with my weekly tasks, then my house always feels clean. Yes, there might be toys or stray papers strewn here and there, but there is never a mad scramble if we have unannounced visitors or guests.