It’s funny how sometimes clutter creeps up on you. Sometimes it’s as simple as a friend passing along some magazines or clothes. Sometimes it’s bringing in another shopping bag of stuff without getting rid of the older stuff.
Other random places clutter appears include:
- Digital clutter like photos, emails, apps, and downloaded files
- Medicine cabinet containing expired medicines, half-used and mostly empty bottles, and random pieces of packaging from bottles or boxes
- Pantry with expired food, stale carbs, and toppling over storage containers
- Books you haven’t read in over a year even though you keep saying you will
- Anything you are saving for a “special” occasion
- Toys that are missing pieces because you figure you will find them “eventually”
I try really hard to stay on top of our clutter by keeping a basket in our closet of things to donate or give away.
How do you stay on top of clutter?