Happy 2016! Last year I focused on the word space, and I’m going to admit it was not the most successful year for me. I think it’s wonderful to have a word to be the theme of the year, but for my personality type, I like having more tangible goals that I can cross off the list.
Here are the goals I would like to accomplish for 2016.
- go on a no-spend month
- keep track of our expenses in our planner
- buy a dresser for our bedroom (lol, kind of funny, after my goal above)
- build out our master bedroom closet
- weed and mulch the flower beds
- finish our office space
- get quotes for the kids bathroom
- install gutters to the side of the house
- attend a game convention (or two!)
- be able to run for an hour without break (aka get back into regularly running)
- be able to play one piece of music on the piano keyboard well
- plan and go on a family vacation
- read 35 books
- Play 10 different board games from our collection with my husband at least 5 times.
Crafts & Projects
- make and finish 2 quilts
- finish 2015 family scrapbook album
- finish our places we’ve lived album
- finish my wedding album
- finish the kids scrapbooks (just a couple pages for both)
- finish my ABC sampler
- make a holiday craft project
- start and finish two more cross-stitch projects
We’re starting the new year off on a good start. I decided to try mixing up the children’s schedules this year to spread out their swimming lessons from their preschool time, and we’ll see how it goes. It was exhausting for all of us trying to cram it all into a day, which lead me into thinking about how Bunny will start school in September! I’m trying to fight against the feeling of not wanting change and trying to go with the flow.