Recently we received an ad in the mail for Wal-Mart Grocery. I had never heard of it, but after doing some reading it sounded like something we could give a try, especially for $10 off.
Basically you place an order online, they do all the shopping and gathering, and then when you’re ready, they’ll deliver it to you in the designated parking lot.
- Really great customer service. I was surprised by how courteous the employees were and how great the overall experience was.
- We didn’t have to go in the store to do all the shopping.
- Someone picks up all the items for you. I ordered a bag of flour and it split, and as the employee helped load it into the car, she noticed it and went back in to exchange it.
- Easy ordering system. I really liked how I spent a couple of days picking out the items and the items always stayed in my shopping cart.
- Check your order. When we got home, I realized that I was missing an item. Thankfully, I called customer service and they refunded the item with no issues.
- You have to go to the store. You might not have to get out of the car, but you still have to drive and wait for them to bring you your order.
- Someone picks up all the items for you. I would be hesitant to entrust someone picking out our produce and perishables.
- Wal-Mart calls to let you know when your order is ready for pickup once you schedule the pickup date and time, but they also recommend calling them when you’re 15 minutes away so they’ll have it ready for you. I think there should be a simplified system for that, because when I did call to let them know we were on our way (twice), no one answered the phone.
- Location matters. Not all Wal-Marts have the pickup. We actually went to one that was a little farther away (20 mins) when there are 3 other stores much closer to our house.
In conclusion, I would use their system again. I probably wouldn’t use it for perishables though, but that’s more of my personal preference. I would definitely use it more frequently if the Wal-Mart was a little closer, but if we’re already going to be in the area then I’d put in an order.
Have you heard about Wal-Mart Grocery and/or used it?
For more on Walmart Grocery, check it out here*
*This post is not sponsored. Opinions are my own, though I’ve included a referral link if you are interested.