I can’t believe we’re already a few days into December! The last couple of weeks have been a little crazy around here with activities, family time, and of course, shopping.
Let’s move onto the things I’m into this month! FYI, none of the products are sponsored, but there may be affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.
- Over the weekend I took Bunny to watch The Nutcracker. It’s our second year of doing this, and I envision this becoming a special thing we do each holiday. Next year, I think Nagini will be old enough to go as well. One of the ways I prepared Bunny about the ballet was reading the story to her. I wish I had done this last year! This latest version of The Nutcracker is beautifully illustrated. (It does use the name Marie, instead of Clara, which might or might not matter to you.)
- Over the summer, we discovered the charm of Wisteria Jane after a trip to the library. My kids loved reading it with me over and over. I finally picked up a copy and will give it as one of our Christmas gifts to them. There’s a second book that was recently released that I’ll have to pick up sometime after the holidays!
- Okay, so I am officially obsessed with The Hating Game: A Novel. I stumbled across it when I looked at the Romance picks for 2016 on Goodreads. I love it. I keep re-reading parts of it and squee-ing like a super-heart eyes emoji nut. 🙂 It’s like a dream romantic comedy with a lead who reminds me of a modern day Mr. Darcy. I can’t wait to read the author’s next book when it releases in 2017.
- Right before my sister flew back home, we went with my mom to the mall. Dillard’s happened to have their COACH purses on sale for 30% off. All of it. It was better than their Black Friday sale, because the purse I wanted, COACH Women’s Mickey City Tote, wasn’t at the time. But it was last week and although I’m not really a COACH fan, I love their partnership with Disney.
I bought the purse in black, and got my sister the brown one for Christmas. She also ended up buying the wallets for herself and for gifts. My only complaint is that the zipper takes getting used to, and I wish the bottom of the bag had “feet”. Otherwise, it’s the first Disney purse I felt like I could carry around without looking too crazy outside of Disney World!
- After going through the whole summer without anyone getting sick, it seems to be the opposite around here since school has started! I’ve got the kids and myself on probiotics, and I saw on our local mom group on Facebook someone post about elderberry syrup. I made my own using this recipe, and so far it’s been pretty helpful. I think once I can get to the local farmer’s market and pick up local honey to make another batch would be even better.
This month I’ve been focusing a bit more on books as I am currently 2 books away from my 2016 goal of 35 books read. So, if you have any good recommendations, let me know and I’ll check it out over the winter break!