Okay, so one month later, we’re still in the middle of the bathroom remodel. I wish I could say that I have been calm, cool, and collected through this, but let’s be honest…I am not and have not been handling this very well.
With that in mind, I realized I totally skipped out on my good stuff list last month and I’m about to miss this month! With just about a week left, I’ll include stuff I wanted to talk about last month too!
FYI, none of the products are sponsored, but there may be affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.
- Stranger Things on Netflix. A bit late to the game, but we watched it over the course of a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had the right amount of tension and thriller without being too scary. Can’t wait for Season 2!
- The Five Elements: Understand Yourself and Enhance Your Relationships with the Wisdom of the World’s Oldest Personality Type System has me intrigued. I’ve been reading it off and on the last couple of weeks. In 2008, I spiraled one night into this horrible depression that left me in tears every day for almost two months. Believe it or not, but acupuncture pulled me out of it within 24 hours (and also led me into being a total believer in it). I was told it was because I am a metal and my qi (energy) was all out of alignment. It was fascinating, and I love anything personality-related reading.
- Our current family favorite pork chop recipe. I double the recipe because I have a teenage boy living here! My nephew says he doesn’t like mayo, so it was hilarious to see his reaction when we told him what was in the pork chops after he devoured plate after plate. He tells us it’s the only food he likes with mayo now.
- Bridget Jones’s Baby was adorable. I’m bummed it didn’t do very well at the box office, because it is charming and a delight. I loved, loved, loved first movie and so it was a sweet conclusion. We’ll pretend the second movie doesn’t exist. 🙂
- When my mom was visiting, we partnered up to build the LEGO Disney Castle. I shared about it before, but every time I walk by it in our entryway, I smile. It is so full of adorable details that I’m now thinking about trying to get more of those mini-figures that add to the castle story!
What have you been into? I feel like whenever we get together in the evening as a family to watch something we’re going back and forth trying to decide. Any suggestions?