Every year I try to come up with a list of resolutions or goals that I can work on.
For 2017, here are things I want to work on…and this year I’m setting general dates so I have more motivation to get it done!
- get quotes for the bathroom by July
- install gutters to the side of the house by July
- decorate and stay home for Halloween
- empty and declutter our junk spots by May
- make a garden space and make things grow(!) by April
- get my computer/photos organized done by May
- set up a better desk/play table for the kids by May
- read 25 books by December
- go for all of my doctor appointments by April
- run a 5K by December
- play 10 board games from our collection with my husband at least 5 times
- celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary
CRAFTS & PROJECTS
- make my mom a quilt by December
- finish my 2016 family scrapbook album by March
- finish Bunny’s school scrapbook album by June
- finish Nagini’s school scrapbook album by June
- finish my wedding album by September
- finish our places we’ve lived album by September
I think this year I really want to focus on getting my not-finished things finished.
I don’t think I actively focused on my resolutions in 2016, so I am pleasantly surprised that I got some things done anyway!
- go on a no-spend month
keep track of our expenses in our planner buy a dresser for our bedroom build out our master bedroom closet weed and mulch the flower beds finish our office space
- get quotes for the kids bathroom*
- install gutters to the side of the house*
* I tried to get this done, but unfortunately the guy I asked to check the gutters never came back after he talked to my next door neighbor when he said he would. Then the bathroom guy I met right before winter break and even after taking measurements and such never got back to me when he said he would. Sigh.
attend a game convention(or two!) be able to run for an hour without break(aka get back into regularly running)
- be able to play one piece of music on the piano keyboard well
plan and go on a family vacation read 35 books Play 10 different board games from our collection with my husband at least 5 times.
Crafts & Projects
- make and finish 2 quilts
finish 2015 family scrapbook album
- finish our places we’ve lived album
- finish my wedding album
- finish the kids scrapbooks (just a couple pages for both)
finish my ABC sampler make a holiday craft project
- start and finish two more cross-stitch projects
What about you? Do you set resolutions for the new year?